Comaprison - Vivo VS Picanto, Figo & Sandero





Yes, yes. Another boring car comparison about economical cars. The only difference it is done by me. So it’s fun, easy to read and it means everything I say can be disregarded, seeing all of it most likely will be absolutely worthless because a) you are looking for a luxury sedan or b) You have one and you don’t like it.

So let’s be off then. This comparison is against the Polo Vivo, the Concept line to be precise. The reasoning behind this was quite simple. The Polo Vivo was the bestselling small car in South Africa in August 2015, with a total of 2711 units. Now normally I would say I feel sorry for these individuals, but do they know something I don’t?




Starting off was quite easy. VW and Kia’s websites are wonderfully efficient, with everything you need available without having to search. Kia has a web chat service, so you just type your question, and BOOM, you get an answer. No silly calling and waiting. VW has something similar, and it makes all the difference. Renault and Ford though, the websites gave the information I needed, but I found you had to play around on Fords site to get what you wanted.






As for the cars. The market is flooded with small hatchbacks, A to B type cars that sips fuel, drives as easy as a pram, and gives you the bare essentials while you will be working your backside off just to pay the instalments. If you are a lazy reader, and just want to see the results, look below. If not, then read on.

The Kia was chosen for its fuel economy claimed by those who own it, and the amount I see on the road. The Ford Figo would only be the next logical competitor, having a solid position in this segment. And then finally, the Sandero, the new comer, the 2015 model, because I needed something different, I needed an underdog.

I will be honest when I say the Kia does not match up, and the reason is simple. It is the top of the range model, the big honcho, while the rest is the base models. The main reason is to compare to the Vivo in most departments, and to keep the competition even. That, and because I can.

Exterior 



While the Vivo and Figo is a design we all know and grew up with, Renault has gone with an easy approach, offering a similarly blocky alternatitve, with just enough curves to make you glance a second time. The Picanto however, knocks things out of the park in this department. In this comparison, the piquant Picanto is definitely the best looking.






Interior



The Vivo is once again very generic and dated, reminiscent of the VW Golf, while the Figo does the same following its lineage to the older fiestas. The Sandero looks a little better with more flowing lines in the dashboard itself, and it looks like it’s planned, it’s minimalistic, yet stylish. The Kia once again takes top position in my personal opinion, albeit very close to the Sandero.




This is then a summary of each vehicle, and it becomes very obvious that these cars are essentially the same. I was rather surprised that the service plan is an optional extra on the Kia, considering it was known as a “typical Korean car” riddled with issues until recently. After trying to get the price for the service plans, I was advised to contact the dealership directly, but seeing as I will not be buying soon, I find it worthwhile finding out for yourself, and letting me know, as I have a slight suspicion they are based on the individual buying the car.


Ford Figo

Kia Picanto

VW Polo Vivo

Renault Sandero


Conclusion


Frankly I was biased towards Kia, because I really like it, so that leaves me with the three options. As far as I can tell the Polo only got a new dress, and the Sandero being turbo charged puts me off just a little. Ultimately I would not blame anyone for taking the Polo Vivo or the Sandero for that matter. The Figo is also a brilliant choice, but I have made mine, and I am not about to change my mind anytime soon.

*disclaimer – The comparison was done using the information as published on the manufacturer’s website. Comparisons are on face value only.
Share on Google Plus

About Unknown

2 comments:

  1. I am now having to make the tough decision between a 2016 Polo Vivo Trendline of R150,000 and a Ford Figo of R140,000.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both good cars, All I can say is test drive them back to back, sleep on it. drive them again, and decide.
      Also keep the maintenance & insurance cost into consideration! All the best. and congratulations

      Delete